Wednesday, January 04, 2006

website on journalism ethics

Hello all,
and happy new year!
(This will be a busy year for me: my last year of funding, so I plan on focusing on my dissertation only. We'll see how I manage to do that... :)

Those of you who are on ECREA mailing list (see: http://www.eccr.info/ecrea/) already know this, but to inform the others:

There has been set up a website for the journalism ethics related issues - especially global journalism ethics: Journalism Ethics for the Global Citizen is the name of the site.

The aim of the website is [I quote from the site:]
"Journalism Ethics for the Global Citizen at the University of British Columbia aims to study and improve journalism standards through discussion among journalists, academics and the public. Media reform is best accomplished through informed and inclusive debate in civil society, and through public understanding of the issues that confront journalists in the 21st century."

The site might be worth checking, haven't done that yet myself though. You'll find the website here: http://www.journalismethics.ca/index.htm

***

BTW, Amsterdam was great (except the weather), a big conference with a nice, cozy athmosphere. (And I love the city!!! :) :) Although, (a confession...) I noticed that I probably attended too many conferences and courses last year for in A'dam I found it a bit difficult to concentrate on the presentations and get excited about the academic networking. Enough is enough - and now is time to stop travelling and start writing the dissertation!

Good luck with your disseration (and other) work!
Cheers,
Auli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home